Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Team Chop or Scavenger Hunt - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which one?

Team Chop Challenge

85%

85%

[ 36 ]

Scavenger Hunt

14%

14%

[ 6 ]

Total Votes: 42

Showcase

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:53 pm   Reply with quote         

Some people have brought up the Team Chop Challenge I did a while back so I thought I would ask which one people wanted first.

Some thoughts.

• The team chop challenge is easier to coordinate and put together. The site has changed quite a bit since my last bit of coding so I'll have to spend some time automating the scoring again as there is no way I can do that manually. (this would be my choice Very Happy)
  • The Scavenger hunt is just a huge job. Coming up with 10-12 good items to "hunt" for getting all the images, uploading, scoring...it isnt easy and those that have done it know this.

I'll do whichever is most popular...just give me time and if anyone wants to help, let me know. I have to check Nancy's schedule first and Im going to see if I can find Cynn and Ken...but I dont suspect any of them will be interested. Smile

*edit
Per Caf's suggestion...for some info on these different events visit here...

Scavenger Hunts: http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2451 The very first post in that thread gives an overview of what and how a hunt works.

I'll search for the Team Chop thing...

*edit #2
and here is the team chop challenge info...
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3796

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:58 pm   Reply with quote         

as long as we don't have to make teams all over again!

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Team Chop

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:05 pm   Reply with quote         

I say at first, do whichever is easier. So if the TeamChop is easier to implement, then do that first and get it going.

Then, we can set a date in the summer or the fall for the scavenger hunt. That will give those who are coodinating a little time to get the Scavenger hunt together and to get it right.

My 2 pence, but it seems like there's ALOT of stuff going on with the site at the moment and we may need to get our bearings before trudging off into a huge task like the Scavenger Hunt. I wasn't able to participate in either Scavenger Hunt in the past, but it looked like a TON of fun and it really needs to have the attention to do it RIGHT.

Showcase

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Azionite wrote:
I say at first, do whichever is easier. So if the TeamChop is easier to implement, then do that first and get it going.

Then, we can set a date in the summer or the fall for the scavenger hunt. That will give those who are coodinating a little time to get the Scavenger hunt together and to get it right.

My 2 pence, but it seems like there's ALOT of stuff going on with the site at the moment and we may need to get our bearings before trudging off into a huge task like the Scavenger Hunt. I wasn't able to participate in either Scavenger Hunt in the past, but it looked like a TON of fun and it really needs to have the attention to do it RIGHT.

Az, how is the STUFF going on with the site effecting you? Smile
The boards still work, people still chop, contests are still won. The scavenger hunt only needs a forum here to keep people updated. the rest is all done off site.

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Azionite wrote:

yep....would be my choice also

SHIV was ALOT of fun but very time consuming...I can only imagine all of the time it took to set up, coordinate, judge, etc..

by the way...a "pence"............in Canada, thats like twenty or thirty dollars..right??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Marx-Man

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:18 pm   Reply with quote         

a team chop sounds interesting...

cafn8d

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:21 pm   Reply with quote         

I'd be happy to help out with either game, Showcase. Smile

Could you please give a brief overview or links to the rules for each game? Might help some newer people get a better sense of what we're talking about. Wink

Showcase

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Marx-Man wrote:
a team chop sounds interesting...

yes, well...you'll actually have to chop and enter contests. Something you seem to have trouble with. Not unlike me. Ask my teammate from last time, Scion. I think between the two of us, we submitted one entry during the challenge.

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Very Happy

Showcase

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:30 pm   Reply with quote         

cafn8d wrote:
I'd be happy to help out with either game, Showcase. Smile

Could you please give a brief overview or links to the rules for each game? Might help some newer people get a better sense of what we're talking about. Wink

Thanks for the offer Caf. I want to see if I can drag Cynn, Ken and Nancer back just for a hunt but if I cant, I'll need help. If its a team chop challenge first, thats all automated once I get the code correct for reading votes.

Also, I've edited the introductory comment to this thread to include information for each event. If anyone has questions, read the entire thread. Many questions were asked and I think by the end, most people got how it worked. If you still have questions, post them here and I or someone else will answer them.

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Showcase wrote:
Az, how is the STUFF going on with the site effecting you? Smile
The boards still work, people still chop, contests are still won. The scavenger hunt only needs a forum here to keep people updated. the rest is all done off site.

Show, It doesn't affect me at all. I'm not the one that's going to be coordinating the Scavenger hunt. Though, I'd be willing to help if needed...

My point was that the site has just changed ownership, the folks who ran the scavenger hunts in the past are not around (for the most part) and it seems like something that would take some time to get together.

That's not going to affect me day-to-day, BUT while all that coordination is going on it might be cool to have a TeamChop challenge to bide the time.

Showcase

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:47 pm   Reply with quote         

HEY! I, me and Nance were the pioneers of the scavenger hunt and TKB was such a force, we won the second one (with Mozub and Kencd7) and ran the third. I know what Im doing and I have nothing to do with running this site...so...no problemo Smile

Anyway, it looks like a team chop challenge is the popular vote at this point. I'll let the poll run for another couple days and then get started on whichever is the most sought after. Smile

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Also, regarding the team chop challenge...In the thread I linked, it mentions a real prize to be shipped directly to your doorstep.

Well, on the last challenge, Mightybeet took all the prizes and we have none left. Right Beet? how is that new In-Home media center working out for you anyway? Razz

so no real prizes for the winners besides bragging rights.

*runs and hides in shame.

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Team Chop!
I was pretty bad last time. But it was fun!

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - Team Chop or Scavenger Hunt - Reply to topic