Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - GRAB-A-GURU...Its new - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

ReyRey

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
I got CS3 Ext just for the 3D stuff.

I downloaded Google 3D plug in.

I have no idea what use any of it is.

and I'm not watching that stupid, unfunny video again on http://tv.adobe.com/

Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2Bfm_VDumI

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:42 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
Then this thread should be called jrab-a-juru?

Laughing

Thanks, Rey! Still scratching the surface but i'll play around with it some more.

ReyRey

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:

Thanks, Rey! I'll play around with it some more.

Shocked
That's why I love you. Embarassed Laughing Laughing

ReyRey

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:14 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:

QUESTION 3: Is there a way to do like Paintshop, and use the "Rubberband" type effect on lines made with the pen tool?

I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about since I don't have Paintshop but I think I know what you mean so I will say no.
If any other Guru knows better please advise. Maybe Scion, you can explain a little more what the "rubberband" thing is.
You can always add anchor point and adjust them or adjust the anchor points that already exist.

splodge

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:22 pm   Reply with quote         

you can do it in flash Smile
otherwise use the pen tool and the handles, i think it only works on vectors

Hallcross Toots
splodge

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:35 pm   Reply with quote         

ok, i think i know what he wants, use the rectangle or any other shape tool, make sure 'shape layers' is selected on the top bar, use the pen+ tool to add a point, use the direct selection tool to bend it?????

Hallcross Toots
mikey

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:10 pm   Reply with quote         

If there's anything new under the photoshop sun please would a so called guru inform me? Cool

Post Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Grab-a-guru wrote:
Ok choppers and chopperettes, Blue_lurker here. Many years ago this use to be a great learning sites, and in many ways it still is, but I have a dream.
Ok it did have midgets in it for the first halve but then it got serious.
How cool would it be to be able to PM one member and get the help from over 15 of PSC best choppers, ask questions and seek advice from a pool of the best. Cool idea huh, well now you can and all you have to do is follow some real simple rules.

Now you have the choice to…

The concept is simple and the rules are easy to follow. I have set up an account called “grab-a-guru”, all you have to do is send a PM to that account and wait till one of our Gurus answers your PM. Once a Guru answers your PM you will be notified by a reply PM and your answer will be added to the Guru thread. (Once we have some questions the thread will appear in the forum) this way everyone gets to read and if they wish comment, but most of all learn from some of the best. Who are the gurus you ask, that’s up to them if they wish to reveal them selves but trust me I have been twisting arms and calling in lots of favours to get a good range of top choppers from PSC. You wont be disappointed.

Ok there are a few simple rules and it would be nice to see them followed, that way every one gets a fair chance to learn at there skills level.

1. Grab a Guru will only answer questions that are sent via PMs, so please don’t ask within the thread, and remember it’s about PhotoShop not how to get a date. K.
2. Questions about Images in on going contests are not allowed, that includes questions on prize contests as well.
3. Make your questions clear and with as much detail as you can. Don’t just ask, “What’s wrong with this image?” or “How do I make this better”. Try before you ask you never know you may just get it right.
4. If you use the Gurus help in an upcoming contest image then give the Guru credit for the help he gave. They don’t get paid for there time and a thank you goes a long way.
5. It may take a few days for a Guru to answer your question and then a few more for it to be posted in the thread, so please be patient and don’t keep asking where is my answer. If your question is picked up by a Guru they will let you know via a reply PM. We will try to answer all questions.

So there ya have it, I and others thing this could be a great learning tool for PSC new and old members alike, and over time I hope to have special guest Gurus that have that special one of talent giving tips and tricks.

Lets try and keep this thread positive and on the right track for a learning experience.

blue_lurker

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:49 am   Reply with quote         

Any Guru out there remember the guru password could ya PM please, cause I forgot...(Insert downward looking foot dragging embarrassed image here) Embarassed

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:33 am   Reply with quote         

wrote:
So we can ask any question regardless if its photoshop or now? maybe dreamweaver? I need some help with that. Confused

wow, seeing this reminded me that I never actually got help with and I still have the question from back then. How the hell do you set something in place in dreamweaver without it moving when the window in firefox is resized ?

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:52 am   Reply with quote         

Basically you use what known as an AP Div. (In dreamweaver at least.)

Here is some sample code.
Code:
<html>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
#apDiv1 {
   position:absolute;
   width:200px;
   height:115px;
   z-index:1;
   left: 272px;
   top: 88px;
   background-color: #666;
}
-->
</style>
</head>

<body>
<div id="apDiv1"></div>
</body>
</html>

What you need to focus on in that code is one line, "position:absolute;"

This is what makes it stay in place.

EDIT: To do this through menus, go to Insert>Layout Objects>AP DIV

Then you can move it around with your cursor to the exact spot you want.

blue_lurker

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:59 am   Reply with quote         

Well here is the answer thread right here so look there as well Oscar
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=9320

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - GRAB-A-GURU...Its new - Reply to topic