Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - moving photoshop license - Reply to topic

Post Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:26 am   Reply with quote         

I just uninstalled Photoshop from an old computer since I am moving everything to a new system. I noticed it gave an option to save the license. So, now I need to know how to move that to my new computer. Any ideas?

blue_lurker

Post Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:34 am   Reply with quote         

yep write every thing down before you remove it that way when you reinstall PS and it don't work and you contact the adobe web help site and they take2weeks...yes 2 freakin weeks to respond to your question, you will have all the information they require to prove that you actually own that copy of PS. Also have your blood type, mothers maiden name, uncles bank account details and at least to people that will say you are who you think you are...ok joking about ya Uncles Bank account thats for the Nigerian people hat have found all your money in a secret bank account. Wink

Ok truth write every thing down that needs a number, you should be fine.

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:48 am   Reply with quote         

yeah it a pain in the ass... print out your registration info and save it in the box w/ ps and then when you go to install on the new comp just type exactly the same info and it doesn't matter where you live or at least i think in the same state i move all the time and never have had any problems. i hope that helps also Wink

blue_lurker

Post Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:56 am   Reply with quote         

Oh yeah just a handy tip like punk said it is a pain but if it all goes wrong, and this is from experience , don't go to the adobe website and use there help message system. After I had 2 weeks of run around I ended up going to bleepingcomputors.com and got an answer and a way to fix my problem, which was adobe not recognising my registration number because it was register to me ...yeah I know go figure.

If ya get stuck just grab-a-guru, they may be able to help ya.
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=9320

splodge

Post Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:20 am   Reply with quote         

i've had my copy of PS7 on 4 computers and PSCS2 on 3 computers, i just had to reuse the same license numbers shiped with the software, i got PS7 running on 2 computers, both on line at the mo

Hallcross Toots
MindGraph

Post Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:52 am   Reply with quote         

just curious where you are xarzu because like Splodge I never had a problem with this and I'm surprised to read your post Blue cause if I've ever moved my PS or anything like that I just reload it and load the original license that came with the program like Splodge mentioned. Not sure what the rules are outside the U.S. but here you are allowed to load it on your home computer and a portable one if needed. With the newer versions (CS2 and up) you activate it after loading it with the serial number and then if you have to move it you just deactivate it from the computer it's on and activate it on the one your moving it to.

blue_lurker

Post Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:06 am   Reply with quote         

yeah MG thats what should happen, but for some reason when I reactivated PS7 at the time it would not let me because the activation code I was using was registered to some one else...ME.

Adobe said I just had to re-register with them and all would be well, in the end one of the guru's at bleepingcomputors.com did some editing in my reg files and away it went, adobe help was freakin useless even after 3 phone calls. The software was paid for as well so no stolen shit involved.

Good thing is I have cs3 now and it was a dream to install and re-install and re-install on three putors.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - moving photoshop license - Reply to topic