Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - ROLL UP ROLL UP 2008 H2H - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Synthvet

Post Sat May 10, 2008 11:18 pm   Reply with quote         

is it a go for monday??

cafn8d

Post Sun May 11, 2008 12:09 am   Reply with quote         

Procyon, may I suggest (request, please!) the sending out of an email to all H2H participants to remind / inform us when the tournament will actually start? Your e-mail inviting people to vote for the reunion contest was very successful in its response!

Synthvet

Post Sun May 11, 2008 3:15 am   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:
Pearcinator wrote:
I see the registration thingy...

But i think we need more people? unless there quite a number of people named "freebie". Also, is that who im up against? i dont mind but i thought it was seeded with PSCore (which i dont know what it is) and the person im up against has a way greater PSCore than i do.

A little luck, A few balloons of tar heroin, a few calls to 1-800-USNITCH, And I'm in the finals baby! Look out Photolicious!

Trust me, You will be up against a veteran with outrageous talent. There will be 100 awesome chops, 10 laughable ones (like mine, I hold the all time record for the worst H2H ever) And a bunch of no shows. I'm hoping for a no show this year. I figure that is my best shot at advancing to the next round.

sidenote: I need a few addresses! Please answer e-mail concerning addresses, work hours, and attack dogs promptly. There is only a few days left!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I thought I held the record for the worst H2H...............but you're right!!!!...... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I feel better now............. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Lrossa

Post Sun May 11, 2008 8:24 am   Reply with quote         

crap.....I really haven't chopped in looooong time until I did the reunion contest....maybe I shouldn't have entered...I'll be out the first round! Shocked Shocked Surprised Surprised Confused Confused

but wait what was that about large quantities of beer, mind trippy halucinagines? I'm still in! Very Happy Laughing

Patre

Post Sun May 11, 2008 9:56 am   Reply with quote         

I clicked the signup button not realizing that it would automatically register me for the H2H 2008 competition. Please delete my name from the competition list.
Thanks for your help!

TofuTheGreat

Post Sun May 11, 2008 1:30 pm   Reply with quote         

If we don't hit the 128 then I say that the tops seeds get automatic byes. So if there's 105 registered the top 13 seeds get byes. That way nobody is excluded like last year. Cool

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sun May 11, 2008 6:17 pm   Reply with quote         

good math skills there Tofu Laughing

Where do we stand with this now, how many registered, and when are we go go gooooooooooo Hmmm

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sun May 11, 2008 11:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Tomorrow????
Please

Martrex

Post Mon May 12, 2008 1:49 pm   Reply with quote         

When, When, the anticipation is killing me! bounce compress salut scratch thumleft thumright Hmmm

jefflang007

Post Mon May 12, 2008 7:30 pm   Reply with quote         

HELP... Ok now I have been round for years and have not in the past done a H2H for some reason. I am in this year. can some one please treat me like a complete idiot and explain how it works.

http://www.langmark.com
cafn8d

Post Mon May 12, 2008 8:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Well welcome aboard, Jeff! You are NOT an idiot for wondering how this here thingamabob works. Wink Here is last year's H2H Tournamnet.

My basic run-down... and veterans, please correct me if I've made any errors: Like any sports tournament or playoff series, seeding pits the highest PSCores against the lowest. (See one of my previous posts for more explanation.) Every match-up is one-on-one, hence the "Head to Head" name.

All contestants in each round work from the same source image and have 2 days to post their entries. (REMEMBER, THERE ARE NO EDITS / UPDATES AFTER YOU HAVE POSTED YOUR ENTRY. Also, there are no Author's Notes, so don't bother trying to show off a larger version of your work or where you got your sources.) At the end of those two days, entries become visible and voting opens. Entries and voting remain anonymous until voting is over.

For voting, every vote-able PSCer (10 daily contest entries or more) gets one vote per match-up, whether they are in the H2H or not. (You are not able to vote for yourself, but it is considered good sportsmanship to vote for your competitor.) At the end of voting, half of every match-up will have won the round and the other half will have lost.

The winners are then matched up against each other, and the process starts all over again. The last round finishes with two people in the ultimate Head-to-Head, one of whom will be the 2008 Champion, the other the Runner-Up. Smile

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon May 12, 2008 8:10 pm   Reply with quote         

YAY, 007!!! Laughing Wink

general info here.
http://photoshopcontest.com/tournamentdetails/about.html

We're given a source. We have 2 days to work on it and post it. There's 2 days to vote. It's anonymous. You get more votes than who you're chopping against and you move on to the next chopper....and on and on.

And finally, no, you don't HAVE to vote for your opponent, but it IS considered good form and sportmanship. Very Happy

(Caf's got faster fingers than me) :penguin:

cafn8d

Post Mon May 12, 2008 8:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve's got the art of conciseness on her side! Laughing

Tesore

Post Mon May 12, 2008 8:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Embarassed Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes Confused

Wink

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Mon May 12, 2008 9:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Just noticed that all the entries from the 2007 H2H say 2008 at the top.

http://photoshopcontest.com/tournament/view/620/display.html

Shocked

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - ROLL UP ROLL UP 2008 H2H - Reply to topic