Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Advantage image size as a contest entry. - Reply to topic

Patre

Post Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:43 pm   Reply with quote         

In a recent contest, I submitted an image which the site info. graphic shows is 880X600. However, the image is not displayed at that height and width. I attached a comment asking the viewer to see the 800X600 version at a hosting site. My question is: Are all advantage images resized after submission to a standard viewing hieght and width? If so,
why does the info. graphic list the size as 800X600? I am further confused by the fact that I do see some images submitted by Advantage users which do not appear to conform to a standard height and width. I also checked the 800X600 width to make certain that what the site was displaying was not the 800X600 image. My assumption is that I am probably missing some simple, but not obvious (to me) fact which will reasonably explain the discrepancy I appear to be seeing. Thanks for your help.

bigbuck

Post Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:15 am   Reply with quote         

They get resized Pat to about 500 wide....but that image is also a link to your original sized version. No need to host elsewhere. BTW you can upload 1280 x 960 now.

Quote:
on 06/21/2006 @ 11:00 am, jmh132 wrote: Contest entry images may now be much larger. Advantage members can upload images up to 1280x960 and as much as 512KB in filesize. Regular accounts can upload an image of up to 800x600 and less than 128KB in filesize. In addition, all entries must be at least 500x350 (pixels WxH) or they will not be accpeted.

The new large images will not be used until the launch of the revised/upgraded PSC. We would like to have a good crop of them to show off when that happens. This is a hint of many new things on the near horizon for PSC.

http://photoshopcontest.com/news/read/1991/larger-contest-entries.html

Hope this helps.
Brad.

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:28 am   Reply with quote         

Like he said, you can either click the resized image on your entry page or the download full version link to the right.
Patre

Post Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:18 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks Brad and Stephen...
I need to read the site info. more carefully...
Pat(Patre)

EJH

Post Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:37 pm   Reply with quote         

hey Pat, it's nice to see you around again Smile

ScionShade

Post Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Dittto on EJH's sentiments. We missed havin' ya around..
in fact..people wouldn't shut up about it. Smile

Patre

Post Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:33 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks Emily and Joe and to everyone who has offered a kind and warm welcome..
Pat(Patre) Smile

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Featured Pic - Advantage image size as a contest entry. - Reply to topic