Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Programs to create gif's? - Reply to topic

Post Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:10 pm   Reply with quote         

ok so i know how to edit pics in photoshop and have a full sequence of frames and all that. I've been able to put it into windows movie maker and i've watched it and it looks good. but i dont know what program i should use to create a gif file. i've tried using flash but its so complicated and it doesnt seem like i can create a gif file anyways. what are some easy to use programs that i can create gifs with?

cherylm329

Post Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:20 pm   Reply with quote         

dpelt73 wrote:
ok so i know how to edit pics in photoshop and have a full sequence of frames and all that. I've been able to put it into windows movie maker and i've watched it and it looks good. but i dont know what program i should use to create a gif file. i've tried using flash but its so complicated and it doesnt seem like i can create a gif file anyways. what are some easy to use programs that i can create gifs with?

Photoshop is the easiest way to go in my humble opinion, go to window on the menu bar and open the animation window (depending on what version of PS you have). Then follow this tute... http://www.tutorialized.com/view/tutorial/Basic-Animated-Gifs/41670

Smile

Oscar

Post Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:20 pm   Reply with quote         

file> save for web Laughing

instant gif magic

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro

Post Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:35 pm   Reply with quote         

I use Jasc Animation Shop. You can download it here: http://ftp.jasc.com/pub/en/ani311en.exe

I think the link still works.

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:19 am   Reply with quote         

I was checking things giffy out last night with mike.b/adam.c's river gif. Seems that Adobe is trying to pimp Fireworks by hiding/burying the animated gif features in CS3.

Bear in mind I started with Fireworks and I prefer it's gif making mechanism to what's in Photoshop.

Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:13 am   Reply with quote         

dpelt73 wrote:

i use ulead gif animator 5, and it works well..easy to handle, and you can do everything with it. give it a try;)

RalfAnneple

Post Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Which programs do you guys use when you make an unofficial video?
I use Win Dvd Creator and Windows Movie Maker but I wanna try a new one.
Can someone help me with some websites where I can find some good programs for that?
Thanks

Post Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:49 pm   Reply with quote         

RalfAnneple wrote:
Can someone help me with some websites where I can find some good programs for that?
Thanks

Try Adobe Movie Creator 9 Pro. Google it maybe?

sonic3

Post Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:53 am   Reply with quote         

RalfAnneple wrote:
Thanks

I use Cyberlink Power Director, i find it can do almost everything i want it to and easy to use. Smile

Granulated

Post Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:56 am   Reply with quote         

I use PShop but sometimes Ulead's Gif Animator comes in handy.

conaircan.

Post Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:24 am   Reply with quote         

I haven't used Macromedia Flash for GIF's here at the competition but that's the one I use when making animation and GIF's...Hmmm, but I'm not sure if it's allowed to use here in the PSC. Rolling Eyes

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Programs to create gif's? - Reply to topic